Thursday 12 April 2012

Operation Happiness

A happiness slump.

I'm sure you've been there.

In a little bit of a rut; Feeling a little bit down; Just sadly counting down the days til the weekend - then rinsing and repeating..

It's just too easy to dwell on things instead of living in the moment.

And honestly ?  Unhealthy habits breed unhealthy minds and bodies.

So it's time to get positive. I am going to harness good energy and start to feel better about everything.

I'm going to make a conscious effort to pull myself out of this slump and get some happiness into my life.

How ?? 

Well, I'll tell you...


EAT HEALTHY
Let's face it - Everyone feels better when they feed their body nutritious food rather than pizza and chocolate. Healthy foods give us energy.


BE ACTIVE
I am by no means a gym junkie. I do not crave exercise and I can't say I understand the need to get up early and go for a run. But I do enjoy long walks with Miss Emmy. So long walks we shall have.



GET ORGANISED
We're in the new house now, so it's time to get organised. This means major wardrobe reassessment. Once upon a time, I had a super organised wardrobe, right down to the colour coding of my tops. (Yes, this is perhaps slight over kill, but trust me - a neat wardrobe helps me sleep at night!)


BAKE
It somewhat contradicts my 'Be Healthy' initiative, but baking is my relaxation. And as long as I share the baked goods, I shouldn't be undoing all the hard work.
Besides, I have sooo many recipes over on Pinterest that I can't wait to try!
Here



FEEL FABULOUS
I can't remember the last time I went to the hairdressers to have my hair done. Like properly done (not just for a trim). I have been dying my own hair for over a year now, but I've decided it's time for a change. A fabulous change, which involves the hairdresser giving me a brand new hair colour.

Here


REMEMBER
Life is made of the little moments.
So even if getting out of bed and going to work is tough sometimes, every day there are little moments to stop and enjoy.

Here


I guess this is an extension of Project Healthy House. It's about the body, the mind and the soul.
Let's call it Operation Happiness.

xx

2 comments:

  1. I am very happy to hear that you are re-focussing on yourself - be your own best friend! Cannot WAIT to see what new hair you will be frolicking around with!

    Healthy Mind = Healthy Body

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally on board - bring on the house of pink happy times! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...