Saturday 31 December 2011

Farewell 2011

New Years Eve.

Urghh..


This post is difficult for me because this time of year makes me anxious. Like there's an elephant on my chest and I can't get enough oxygen into my lungs kind of anxious.


I stumbled across this quote on Pinterest yesterday.. And honestly ? It was made for me.


Pinned here



Most people you speak to will admit that New Years Eve is the most over-rated event in the calender. And every year it's a struggle to organise where to celebrate; how to get there; and possibly the most stressful decision - What to wear.

But as this year comes to a close, I've been a little blasé about the celebration side of things, instead involuntarily getting all up in my head about the past and also the future.

This year has been particularly challenging for me, so I know I should be saying goodbye and good riddance to 2011 and welcoming 2012 with open arms.. But I can't help but feel a little nervous. A little apprehensive. A little unsure.

It's like writing in a brand new notebook or diary - You don't want to make a mistake and ruin the perfect pages.

But this anxiety is exhausting me. And I know it's not particularly productive.

So tonight, as the countdown begins I'm going to focus on my new years resolution -

Pinned here




And to you, my lovely readers - I wish you a safe and happy New Year.



xx

1 comment:

  1. You will find the right words to write in your diary, just as you will do exactly what you need to do next year, whether you know what that is right now or not <3 like you said, Be Optimistic, and smile that beautiful smile and the rest will fall into place xox

    And in the meantime, I will work on removing that elephant tonight :P xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...