Tuesday 26 April 2011

From Andie's Kitchen

After a busy weekend seeing people and going places, I decided to stay at home today and spend some time in the kitchen.

First on the menu ?  Banana Choc Chip Muffins.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the first half of the process... But here they are baking in the oven



They smell Ah-Mazing

Yep - Guess what I'll be having for morning tea tomorrow!

When the muffins were finished, I decided to make some Passionfruit Melting Moments.
I love these biscuits. My Nanna, who lives in Melbourne, used to make them for us when we were little. It was a special treat and she used to bring them to us in an old Arnott's biscuit tin lined with baking paper. 
And with only 4 ingredients, they are super easy to make.

250g Butter
1/2 cup icing
1 1/2 plain flour
1/2 custard powder

Loving my bench space.
Some of the cookie dough didn't make it onto the baking tray...

These may also be eaten devoured for morning tea tomorrow!

Baking in my own kitchen is definately more enjoyable than trying to navigate around someone else's (on Saturday I baked Carrot and Walnut cake in my mum's kitchen. You can read about that here.)

Will have to start saving so that I can do a course at Planet Cake in the next 12 months.

In the meantime, Miss Emma is hosting a Royal Wedding party on Friday night so I will be taking a plate of sweet treats to celebrate. Any ideas ? Requests ?

xx

2 comments:

  1. oooh, tomorrow is looking a little brighter now xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if I didn't miss you enough over the Easter break, now I reeeeeally wish I was there ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...