Sunday 22 March 2015

the saddest word in the whole wide world

I could pretend that this post is the direct result of watching The Best of Me earlier today.. 
(A typical Nicholas Sparks girly tear-jerker for those playing at home)
But I'd be lying. 
And we're friends, so I'm not going to do that to you.
And honestly?
There's not much more I can say.


A L M O S T
 [awl -mohst]
adverb
1. very nearly, all but:
almost every house; almost the entire symphony; to pay almost nothing






 T H E   H O L L O W   L O N G I N G  ||  B E A U   T A P L I N

"There's something far worse
than missing a person you shared
a fraction of your life with.
And that is missing a person with
whom you did not.
For you will neither be allowed the 
pleasure of their memory, the echo of
their love, the warmth of knowing
that once upon a time you meant a damn,
you were of some importance, you will
not even be allowed the small joy
of a smile that comes with happening
upon a note they once wrote you in
the bottom of your drawer.
It is a sort of hollow longing,
a dreadful nostalgia for a thing
that never quite happened."




xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...