Sunday 12 August 2012

Cake Overdose

It's taken me a week to write this post, simply because I couldn't even look at cake after my overdose last Sunday.

We had a family BBQ on Sunday and I provided the sweets.

cake overdose : mocha cheesecake >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES

Orange & Almond Meal Cake (recipe here);
Apple Cake with Praline Glaze (recipe here);
Mocha Cheesecake; and
Scones

I may or may not have eaten a 'sample' of each... Don't judge me.

cake overdose : scones >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES

The scones were unintentional. 

But I had a friend pop in on the Saturday at lunch time, right in the midst of my baking frenzy.. So I whipped up some scones using my nan's fave recipe.

This was only the second time in my life that I've made scones.. And they weren't too bad, if I do say so myself.

The perfect afternoon treat with a cup of tea and of course some jam and cream.. mmm..


Oh.. here's the recipe for the 
M O C H A   C H E E S E C A K E 

Mix 250g almond meal, 125g melted butter and 1 tbsp sweetener (I used Natvia);
Press into a pre-lined spring form tin;
Refrigerate

Cream 500G cream cheese & 2/3 cup caster sugar;
Add 3 whole eggs (1 at a time);
Add 2 tsp coffee essence and 100g melted dark choc;
Pour into set base;
Cook on 180 for 40 minutes;
Turn off oven - Leave cake in oven for 1 hour;
Refrigerate overnight.
Dust with cocoa to serve.

EAT!

No baking for me this weekend. I need a treat free week to detox from all that sugar!



xx

1 comment:

  1. They all look delish :) At least you shared the treats!! :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...