Tuesday 17 January 2012

Project Healthy House : Raspberry & Almond Cake

Over the weekend, Mum cleaned out her freezer. This has resulted in a few meals of frozen soup and casseroles which were transferred to her place when I sold my house.

But more excitingly, she also gave me a few boxes of frozen berries.

My mind immediately began to think of all the berrylicious sweets I could make - Chocolate raspberry brownies, fruit smoothies, banana and berry bread...... Or even just icecream and berries - YUM!

But in keeping with the Project Healthy House theme, I decided to search for a recipe that would have the approval of my housemates.

(BTW - It's week two of Project Healthy House and since I've injured my shoulder and have to rest, making changes to my baking/eating habits is about as committed as it gets right now)


Anyway, back to the berries.....


I turned them into a cake.


raspberry and almond meal cake >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES
Raspberry and Almond Cake


A relatively healthy, light, sweet cake.


Wanna try it for yourself ?


I think you should.

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed

6 eggs

1 cup caster sugar

2 cups almond meal (ground almonds)




Yeah... That's it.  FOUR ingredients.

Super easy.


Method

Preheat oven to 160°C. 
Grease a 22cm round springform cake tin. 
Line base and side with baking paper.
Place 2 cups raspberries in a bowl. 
Using a fork, mash to combine.
Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on high speed for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick and glossy. 
Using a metal spoon, gently fold in raspberry and almond meal, alternately, until combined.
Pour into prepared tin. 
Bake for 60 minutes or until golden and firm. 
Cool in tin for 10 minutes. 
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. 
Top with remaining raspberries. 
ENJOY!

xx

1 comment:

  1. I thought you'd forgotten to type half the ingredient list until I read correctly that there are only 4 ingredients!!! Totes trying this on the weekend!!!! Boo for being injured though - sending hugs xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...