Wednesday 11 January 2012

Divide of The Cool Pod

The Cool Pod
Collective Noun
1. Pod of desks positioned in the middle of the office; occupied by awesome women who are amazing at their jobs.
2. Particular group of women; ladylike; and totes ah-mazing.


I've mentioned The Cool Pod in passing. But I don't think I've ever really expressed how much it means to me. 



The Cool Pod is more than a seating arrangement at work. The original members - Jodie, Pip and I - are more than colleagues or team members. These girls are the reason why I get out of bed and go to work most days. They are the reason for my laughter and they have also witnessed my tears. Jodie and Pip have watched me struggle through the hardest year of my life and if it weren't for them, I can't imagine how I would have survived that last 12 months at work.


'Sister Jodie'
 Jodie is a super hero. A full time worker; amazing mum to Luka and supportive wife to Dane. And as if that's not impressive enough, she's built a successful business in LukaMish which can be found on Etsy and Facebook.



'Pip the Walrus'
 Pip cannot be adequately described in words. She is crazy and unpredictable, and often she'll come out with the most random comments that will leave you laughing and wondering "Where on earth did that come from?!"
I have learnt that it is impossible to make assumptions about Pip because her actions will always surpass your expectations.


Both of these women are incredibly smart and inspiring. There is rarely a day that goes by that we don't help each other with our work; brainstorming ideas or analysing problems.  

But due to our "excessive talking" The Cool Pod has been divided. 

Physically; but hopefully not literally.

Jodie has described the situation well. I too feel sad and lost. It's a terrible feeling to know that I have to go to work when the vibe we once created no longer exists. 

I know I should be thankful that I still work with such amazing women, even if our communication is now limited to email as all talking is monitored, but I still hope that one day the flock might be reunited.


xx



4 comments:

  1. that brought tears to my eyes - and made me laugh at the same time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty girls! It's like being back at school and the teacher has to separate the loud ones because they're a distraction to the rest of the class. So funny it's actually happened to grown women in the workplace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That post brought tears to my eyes too, and I'm not even part of the Cool Pod!!

    Somehow, everything will be ok <3
    http://pinterest.com/pin/49680402109189466/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...