Tuesday 7 January 2014

... there was also cheesecake

Even though it actually feels like months ago, I have just one more Christmas post before I get back on my spiritual high-horse.

Actually, this was a pre-Christmas dessert.

My contribution to a casual dinner with friends.


B A K E D   L E M O N   C H E E S E C A K E


Baked Lemon Cheesecake >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES
: BAKED LEMON CHEESECAKE :

This was a new recipe for me. 
And I was a little sad about how it sunk in the middle; and how the crust pulled away from the cake..

But perfectionist-mentality aside, it was delicious.

And sometimes that's all that matters.

Interesting note - I don't own a food processor.

So I had to bash the biscuits with a rolling pin. Old school style.

It was therapeutic, I'm not gonna lie.

Baked Lemon Cheesecake >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES
Traditional biscuits bashing - With a rolling pin...



And I served it with cointreau flavoured thickened cream.

OMG....

Would I make it again?!

100% YES.



Shopping List:
250g sweet plain biscuits (I used Arnott's NICE)
150g butter, melted
500g cream cheese, softened
3/4 caster sugar
3 teaspoons lemon rind
3 eggs
1/4 cup lemon juice


How To :

Preheat the oven to 160C
Grease a 6cm deep springform pan
Process biscuits until finely chopped (or, if you're like me and don't have a food processor, bash biscuits until they're a crumb consistency)
Add butter; Combine
Press mixture into base; Refrigerate

Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon rind until smooth
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beat until combined
Add lemon juice; mix
Pour mixture into prepared pan

Bake for 50 minutes
Cool in oven
Refrigerate until cool
Serve

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...