Monday 20 January 2014

nourishment

This past weekend was one of the most fulfilling weekends I have had.  E V E R.

The word that comes to mind to describe how I felt on Sunday night is nourished.

It was a weekend of nourishment - Mental, spiritual, physical, nutritional nourishment.

And I was left with a sense of peace and contentment.

The weekend was the perfect balance of new experiences and comfortable routine.

I summed it up in a facebook post -


Quality time spent with beautiful friends, learning and

growing from a Buddhist meditation course, eliminating

 toxins in a hot yoga class, plus scenic beach walks with my

 four legged fur baby. Feeling completely blissed out right 

now. ♥



There was also a visit to the local organic Farmer's Market, an oh-so-relaxing epsom salt bath, and delicious home-made rice paper rolls.

Raw Cold Rolls >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES

So amazing. It is entirely possible that I will eat these every night for the next week!

And super easy to make.

Soak the vermicelli noodles in boiling water until soft.
Slice fresh produce thinly - I used avocado, cucumber, capsicum, apple, bean sprouts, carrot.
Soak rice paper in warm water until pliable.
Add desired fillings; including cooled vermicelli noodles - I also used coriander and lime juice.
Wrap into a little parcel/roll.
Easy. Peasy.

Today is my third day of an entirely vegetarian diet.

Not necessarily on purpose. But just because I am loving fresh, raw veggies right now.

You could add cooked chicken mince, or salmon slices, or prawns if you want to.

Give it a try. You will be hooked, I promise.




xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...