Sunday 22 May 2011

Celebration Pavlova

My gorgeous cousin Katie and her twin Bryce turned 18 on Friday, so in celebration we are having a family gathering at my aunty's house today.

I was nominated to make the dessert...


celebration pavlova >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES
Pavlova topped with whipped cream, raspberries and shaved chocolate


Tradition dictates that 2 pavs are taken to the party - 1 for eating and 1 for my nan to take home with her...
Usually mum is the Pavlova Chef (and I the Cupcake Queen), but for some reason the rules were changed for this occasion.

For those of you playing at home, here's the recipe -
4 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
3/4 teaspoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form
Add sugar gradually
Then beat in vinegar and vanilla
EASY

Pop it into the oven at around 120 degrees for 90 minutes.


Because I knew I needed to make 2 pavs, I simply doubled the recipe and threw the ingredients into my trusty Breville Scraper Mixer Pro to do the hard work for me.

Love love love this shiny machine


(Have you seen the MasterChef challenge where they make contestants beat eggs manually with an old-fashioned whisk until the 'stiff peaks' are formed and they can hold the bowl upside down over their heads?! Madness)

As previously mentioned here, our family will also be celebrating another big birthday tomorrow - My sister's 30th. Even though she's in another state, we will celebrate for her until she comes back to party in June. (And I'm sure pavlova will be on the menu again).



Wishing both my favourite girls the BEST birthday weekend ever.

xx

1 comment:

  1. There may be feet stomping if there is no pavlova [and or cupcakes] when I come back to visit next month :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...