Wednesday 18 December 2013

stillness of the mind

photo by me

"The full moon is a time of positive opportunity if you use it correctly.  It can increase your positive energy or conversely, it can wreak havoc on your emotions."

~

Last night I harnessed the energy from the December Full Moon and participated in a Guided Meditation Session.

Those are three words I never imagined myself discussing, much less being a part of.

But I went in with no judgement 
(fear? yes; uncertainty? yes; judgement no)

My initial reaction to "we're going to practice meditation" was "But how?!"

The concept of calming my elephant mind seemed IMPOSSIBLE.

Yet within a calm atmosphere aided by soothing music and gentle instruction/guidance I was able to fall into a state between constant mind chatter and sleep.

Call me a hippy if you will, but this stuff works. 

 And I truly enjoyed the experience.

here

A meditative space is an amazing space to be in.

The guided meditation bought up some very powerful emotions for me, and gave me the chance to really envisage all that I want in 2014.

It also taught me that anything is possible. You just have to believe it.
But before you can believe it, you have to imagine it.

And how can we imagine if we don't give our minds the time or opportunity to open up to new ideas?


How often do we set aside an hour, or even 10 minutes to just sit and be still. 

I live my life manically, with impossible goals and no clear path to achieve them and it's exhausting.

To stop and take the time to sit with myself was an incredible luxury.

And I realised that that in itself is ridiculous.

Time for ourselves should be scheduled and honoured like any other commitment.

We commit to giving time to work/friends/family, especially at this time of the year. And we neglect ourselves.



"The healing powers of meditation are legendary and the benefits of full moon meditation are no exception."

Project Meditation



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...