Thursday 23 May 2013

Blogging, French and Yoga

It's been a long while between blogs.

This morning on my walk with Emmy I tried to come up with reasons why I haven't blogged recently that didn't include "I've been busy".

I think that's a lame excuse. It's lazy. Everyone's busy. 
Sometimes busy doing nothing.

My thinking of late has very much been - 
"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse"

It's not that I have been making excuses for not blogging.. It's just that it hasn't been a high priority for me.

Am I uninspired?

No.. not really.

But as I have witnessed in the wider blogging community, other social media (think Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram) allow me to share things with others so my need to blog decreases slightly..


But today I had a legitimate "That's going on the Blog" moment.

Let me first explain that I have always wanted to go to Paris; And at the beginning of the year, I told a friend in casual conversation that I would like to learn French this year.

Well... Let's just say that it's May and this ambition is still very much in my distant future.
So far, I haven't actively made any attempts to pursue this dream.

Until now.

It's a little step. But it's a step.

I have 'liked' a French Word A Day on Facebook.


And I found the first word kind of appropriate.



Along with my yoga practice, I am learning that self control comes in many forms. My teacher often speaks of discipline and truthfulness.

Self control is relative to the mind, body and soul.

I am trying to be more mindful of this concept.

So there it is. A new blog post. Because I wanted to. Because I control my life. Because I have self control.

Relating blogging, French and yoga - It's a tenuous link. But it's there.

That's just how my brain works sometimes ;)


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...