Tuesday 12 June 2012

Eating My Feelings

I've said it before and I'll say it again - When things get hard, I eat my feelings. And they taste delicious.


eating my feelings : apple cake with praline glaze >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES


Apple Cake with Praline Glaze

120g butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 large eggs, separated
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup plain yoghurt
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 175 degrees; Grease cake tin (I used a bundt tin.. because I love them)
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy;
Beat in egg yolks; Vanilla extract; Yoghurt;
Sift in flour; Baking powder; Salt. Combine.
Beat egg whites to stiff peaks; Stir egg whites into cake batter;
Fold in apple slices;
Pour into prepared cake tin;
Bake for 40 minutes;
Cool;

Then make the praline glaze.....

1/2 cup brown sugar
60g butter
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup icing sugar

Bring sugar, butter and milk to the boil over medium heat; whisking constantly;
Boil 1 minute;
Remove from heat; stir in vanilla;
Whisk in icing sugar until smooth;
Pour over cooled cake.

EAT!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...