Friday 23 October 2015

pinky promise

To be honest, I don't often know where they come from, but I am repeatedly guilty of adopting random phrases, pop-culture buzz words or figures of speech.

I'm not gonna lie - I hear myself saying them over and over and it's like a snowball down the mountain, gathering momentum and impossible to stop.

"To be honest..."

"I'm not gonna lie..."

I would confidently estimate that I mean 99% of the things I say, at the time I a say them.

I am - for better, or worse - ridiculously honest. 

This essentially makes these latest additions to my vocabulary redundant.

These phrases are designed to give a person more conviction.

Which is why I am amused that they have crept into my regular every day conversations.

There is rarely a time when I would say something I did not believe.

And that is why I consider the Pinky Promise to be a 
B I N D I N G   V E R B A L   A G R E E M E N T


promise is a big word >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES

To pinky swear, or make a pinky promise, is the entwining of the little fingers ("pinkies") of two people to signify that a promise has been made.

And in my world - 
A   P I N K   P R O M I S E   IS  U N B R E A K A B L E.

pinky promise >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...