Friday 2 May 2014

name one of your biggest regrets in life..

That's not a trick question.

Nor is it one on which you should spend too much time dwelling.

If you have any regrets, I think the thoughts/memories/emotion will flood you the moment you read the title of this post.

It can be an easy question to avoid.. 

Unless it is one of the questions you are asked to respond to in a job application, as I was.



N A M E   O N E   O F   Y O U R   B I G G E S T   R E G R E T S   I N   L I F E



*WOAH*


How does one answer that question to a potential employer?!

Well, right or wrong, I answered the exact same way I would if you asked me over a glass of vino at the bar...

~  ~  ~

For this question I looked up ‘regret’ because to me it is a very strong word that at first glance, I would answer with ‘I have no regrets’.
But Google tells me it is - a sense of loss, disappointment, dissatisfaction, etc.
To which I respond, ‘there are a few’…
But first let me set the scene for you… I met my ex-husband when I was 18. In my first semester of uni, at my first job out of high school. We met at Coles. I was a Check-Out Chick. Our story spans seven years - We met, we fell in love, we bought property, moved in together, got engaged, renovated our house, adopted a fur baby (Yup – Miss Emmy is a child of divorce), had a beautiful wedding, and lived a 'normal' married life.
I don’t regret the any of that. Infact, I try not to regret any of the things that I have done.
But I do regret things that I didn’t do.
And I didn’t travel.
I didn’t take a gap year after high school and backpack around Europe.
I didn’t do a Contiki Tour across America.
I didn’t participate in the exchange program at uni and spend a semester in Canada – skiing Whistler, making new friends, expanding my horizons.
I didn’t even go on spontaneous Girls Weekends within Australia.
I didn’t do any of these adventurous things, because I had  Fallen. In. Love.
My ex-husband and I didn’t travel overseas at all whilst we were together. As all our time and money was spent on things, rather than experiences.
And for that, I have a sense of loss, disappointment, dissatisfaction.... Regret.

~  ~  ~

Since writing that response in my job application, I came across this quote - 
Sums it up nicely, don't you think?


xx

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to casually picking up girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

    If you would rather have women hit on YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded bars and night clubs...

    Then I encourage you to view this eye-opening video to uncover a amazing secret that has the power to get you your very own harem of sexy women:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...