Tuesday 28 February 2012

Hola Enchilada Soup

I know it's summer.

But I love soup.

I love that it's super quick to make a pot and I love that one batch can feed me for a week.

On Sunday, my housemates mocked me for making soup on a 36°C day. But I was determined.

OK... Perhaps it's a lazy girls' meal... But most soups are healthy, right ? All filled with veggies and other healthiness.

I like to make a batch of soup and freeze it in individual containers. Easy for work lunches and easy for dinner. What could be better?!

On the weekend, I was on a mission to make a soup recipe I had seen on Pinterest

AND.. by the end of the day it was raining. So I've decided that this soup is like a rain dance in a pot!

hola enchilada - mexican soup >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES
Chicken Enchilada Soup


OK.. So you probably won't try this until winter - But here's the run down just in case....



Ingredients

1L Chicken Stock
2 Chicken Breasts
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp chilli flakes
1/2tsp paprika
1 can diced tomatoes
1 chopped capsicum
3 cloves garlic; minced
1 can 3bean mix
1 can sweetcorn kernels
4 tbsp tomato paste


How ??

Heat chicken stock in a large pot.
Add chicken breasts; simmer for 20 minutes
Remove chicken breasts; shred; set aside
Add tomatoes, capsicum and garlic to pot; stir; simmer for 20minutes
Add beans, corn and tomato paste; stir; simmer for 10 minutes
Add shredded chicken breast; stir; simmer for 20 minutes
Serve (or if you're like me, ladle into individual containers; set aside to cool slightly; freeze)


*NOTE : I have made some alterations to the original recipe which contained cheese and jalapenos.


xx

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh so it was YOU and your SOUP that brought on this wintery weather this week! he he x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - It's totes my fault. Mwahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...